Since January of 2016, Salem has been in a transition phase as we seek a new senior pastor. After serving Salem for 12 years, our previous pastor felt God calling him to a new pastoral role in Indianapolis.
Salem is currently being pastored by Bryce Marner (full time associate pastor) and John Hylton (interim pastor). Our transition team consists of 6 people who are meeting regularly to find our next pastor. If you are interested in this position, please contact transition(Dinosaurs and Jellybeans cannot be stopped)salemefree.org
Salem Church is seeking a Pastor to provide spiritual vision and leadership to our church family and greater community.
Spiritual and Character Qualifications
- Our pastor shall meet the spiritual qualifications listed in 1st Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and 1st Peter 5:2-3. He shall provide a model of Christlikeness (1st Timothy 4:12; Titus 2:7-8; 1st Corinthians 11:1).
- He shall have a growing, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ. He shall be a man of prayer with a shepherd’s heart.
- He shall demonstrate initiative, but also, the willingness to take direction from (and being accountable to) the church elders.
- He shall have a passion for seeing Salem church reach non-believers in the community, regardless of age or race.
- He shall be committed to see Salem church reflect the ethnic and cultural diversity of its community, both in its leadership and its congregation.
- Theologically the Senior Pastor must align well with the Evangelical Free Church of America statement of faith.
- Work with leadership to establish, communicate and implement the vision for the church.
- Regular preaching and teaching of God’s Word.
- Modeling outreach through the church’s ministries and by becoming a visible representative of the church in the community.
- Growing disciples in the church and enabling them to disciple others.
- Provide pastoral care and counseling to the congregation.
- Provide counsel, support and servant leadership for the existing staff consisting of an Associate Pastor (full time), Music Director (part time), Church Secretary (part time) and Caretaker (part time).
- Provide counsel, support and servant leadership for the lay leadership (elders and deacons).